ESF:BKV_VESP Public and social policy - Course Information
BKV_VESP Public and social policyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Marek Pavlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Mirka Wildmannová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Juraj Nemec, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- ! BKV_ZASP Basics of Social Policy
Passing the Fundamentals of Public Economie
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Public and Social Policy (VESP) the course is introduction to public and social policy problems. We assume that students have previous knowledges from following cources: Public Economics, Public Finance and Economics of Public Sector. The aim of the course is to present actual information about the system of Czech public and social policy for selected areas (e.g. education, social system and social health, health policy,political system, etc. Student will be able to analyse and compare Czech system with selected foreighn coutries through seminar works and its presentation.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:;
- to clarify goals, principles of social policy;
- to clarify goals, principles of public policy;
- present to the structure of public and social policy;
- explain the content, tools and legislation of public and social policy;
- to give practical examples.
- The study plan is announced at the begining of the semestr. Each week has scheduled topic and from 5th. week the student start to work on seminar work. One or two tutorials are scheduled during semester. These tutorials are intended as an opportunity to consult problems which have appeared during the selfstudy.
- required literature
- WILDMANNOVÁ, Mirka. Sociální politika. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2005. 128 s. ISBN 8021036575. info
- recommended literature
- SIROVÁTKA, Tomáš and Petr MAREŠ. Trh práce, nezaměstnanost, sociální politika (Labour Market, Unemployment, Social Policy). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2003. 272 pp. ISBN 80-210-3048-8. info
- DURDISOVÁ, Jaroslava. Sociální politika. Vyd. 2., přeprac. Praha: ASPI, 2002. 376 s. ISBN 80-86395-33-2. info
- BRDEK, Miroslav and Hana JÍROVÁ. Sociální politika v zemích EU a ČR. Vyd. 1. Praha: Codex Bohemia, 1998. 391 s. ISBN 80-85963-71-X. info
- not specified
- KREBS, Vojtěch. Sociální politika. 5., přeprac. a aktualiz. Praha: Wolters Kluwer Česká republika, 2010. 542 pp. ISBN 978-80-7357-585-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentation and class discuson related to introduced topic. Student prove knowledges through homeworks and its public presentation. Reading is a part of homework.
- Assessment methods
- Course requirements include a final written exam = 50% of the final grade, and an seminar work = 50% of the final grade.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 8 hodin.
General note: Předmět si nezapisují studenti, kteří již absolvovali předmět BKV_ZASP.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutoriál 8 hodin.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.