ESF:CKH_MAUC Managerial accounting - Course Information
CKH_MAUC Managerial accountingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Ladislav Šiška, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Ladislav Šiška, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- ( TYP_STUDIA ( C ) && OBOR ( EMAOB ))
Basic knowledge of double-entry accounting principles.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Economics and Management in Trade - dm drogerie markt (programme ESF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquire basic knowledge on management accounting - budgeting, standard costing and cost accounting.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to understand the role of management accounting in company's management; alocate costs to products, services or activities; prepare budgets; record typical transactions in cost accounting; design a simple performance measurement system; interpret data gathered in corprorate measurement systems.
- 1. Contribution of managerial accounting to financial management of the company, the differences against financial accounting
- 2. Cost classifications (variable/fixed, direct/indirect, prime/overheads)
- 3. Cost assignment to products/services.
- 4. Allocations of service centre indirect costs - direct, step-down, reciprocal method.
- 5. Activity Based Costing (ABC) and customer profitability.
- 6. Cost centre, its budget and cost control (incl. flexed budgets).
- 7. Master budget and its components.
- 8. Standard costing method.
- 9. Cost accounting - impact of inventory valuation on profit, basic model of cost accounts in a standalone manufacturing company, actual vs. predetermined cost application for internal purposes.
- 10. Performance management and the structure of responsibility accounting (overall performance of the company and contributions of responsibility centres, controllable and non-controllable factors).
- required literature
- Veškeré elektronické materiály v IS MU.
- recommended literature
- DRURY, Colin. Management and cost accounting. Ninth edition. Hampshire: Cengage Learning, 2015. xix, 827. ISBN 9781480893931. info
- ATKINSON, Anthony A. Management accounting : information for decision-making and strategy execution. 6th ed. Boston: Pearson, 2012. 550 s. ISBN 9780273769989. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, presentations by business professionals, demonstrations how to solve practical examples, homework and individual assignments of numerical examples in MS Excel (or different spreadsheet application)
- Assessment methods
- Examination requirements: (1) activity and correct results of practical numerical examples (33%) (2) written exam (67%) Minimal score 60 per cent.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 12 hodin.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/CKH_MAUC