ESF:CKH_ZMAN Basics of Management - Course Information
CKH_ZMAN Basics of ManagementFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Ladislava Kuchynková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Pavla Odehnalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Bc. Alena Šafrová Drášilová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Bc. Sylva Žáková Talpová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Wed 9. 10. 13:00–16:40 S315, Thu 10. 10. 13:00–16:40 S315, Wed 13. 11. 8:00–11:40 S315, Thu 16. 1. 8:00–9:40 S315
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( TYP_STUDIA ( C ) && OBOR ( EMAOB ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Economics and Management in Trade - dm drogerie markt (programme ESF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on management in business organizations
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: • - explain the nature of an organization • - describe basic types of organizational structures • - apply the principles of organization on the creation of organizational structures • - explain the impact of organizational strategy and organizational culture on the organizational structure • - explain the nature of planning and decision-making • - describe the organizational and procedural way of decision-making • - explain the decision-making process and its various stages • - apply methods of decision analysis to solving decision-making problems • - explain the nature of influencing • - describe the principles of selected motivational theories and explain their relationship to the incentive instruments and motivational system • - explain the essence of leadership, motivation and communication • - use basic management skills
- Thematic plan of the course: 1. Organisation • 2. Motivation and leadership • 3. Decision making
- required literature
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav. Management : organizování, rozhodování, ovlivňování. 2., rozš. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2014. 211 s. ISBN 9788024744292. info
- recommended literature
- VEBER, Jaromír. Management : základy, moderní manažerské přístupy, výkonnost a prosperita. 2. aktualiz. vyd.. Praha: Management Press, 2009. 734 s. ISBN 9788072612000. info
- DONNELLY, James H., James L. GIBSON and John M. IVANCEVICH. Management. Translated by Václav Dolanský - Josef Koubek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1997. 821 s. ISBN 8071694223. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, discussion, presentations and case studies solving in seminars
- Assessment methods
- The course finishes with an exam. Assessment in seminars is also a part of the exam classification.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2019/CKH_ZMAN