ESF:CPH_PMP2 Project Management PRINCE2 - Course Information
CPH_PMP2 Project Management using the PRINCE2 MethodFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Tuck Lloyd Crawford MacRae, M. B.A. (lecturer)
Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D.
- This course is intended for graduate and advanced undergraduate students entering their final year of study in management, research and development or the physical / applied sciences (engineering, computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, oceanography, and so forth) who wish to develop their skills and be certified in the PRINCE2 project management method. Individuals outside of academia may also participate upon approval.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Project Management using the PRINCE2 Method is intended to help current and future project managers and organizations understand and utilize the method.
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments 2) is a process oriented project management method. It is the most widespread project management approach in the world with over a million certifications taken globally to date. PRINCE2 is easy to tailor to different projects and environments and is a clearly defined framework with roles, responsibilities, principles and processes. In many industries, certification in project management is a primary requirement in the hiring of a project manager. As part of the course, participants will write the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner certification exams.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion, participants should:
• Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
• Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
• Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
•Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
• Fully understand the PRINCE2 associated terminology
• Apply the PRINCE2 principles and tailor relevant aspects of the PRINCE2 themes and processes in the context of a Project
- Definitions and terminology associated with PRINCE2
- The features and benefits of PRINCE2 and the customer/supplier context on which PRINCE2 is based, including considerations when undertaking projects in a commercial environment
- The PRINCE2 principles, Themes and Processes
- The application of PRINCE2 principles in context
- Application of the PRINCE2 requirements for each of the 7 themes
- Carrying out each of the 7 processes in the context of a project
- Tools and techniques recommended within the method
- Teaching methods
- Course delivery includes lectures, class discussion, and a comprehensive case study. The course is lead by a certified PRINCE2 professional. Homework and reading forms an integral part of the course.
- Assessment methods
- Two written exams
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 40 hodin.