ESF:CPH_PMSE Simulated Project Environment - Course Information
CPH_PMSE Simulated Project EnvironmentFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Tuck Lloyd Crawford MacRae, M. B.A. (lecturer)
Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D.
- This course is intended for graduate and advanced undergraduate students enrolled in the Project Management Certification Programme sponsored by the Masaryk University Project Management Centre of Excellence and who have successfully completed:
CPH_PMAG Managing Projects in an Agile Context and CPH_PMOR Managing Risk, Procedures and Techniques
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The Simulated Project Environment course allows participants to apply their advanced knowledge in PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, and risk management to a simulated project sponsored by the faculty and an industry partner. This in-depth, multifaceted management experience will push the skill boundaries of the participants and enable them to gain valuable management experience.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion, participants should:
• Better understand their project management competencies and capabilities
• Be able to create and use all PRINCE2 management products in an effective and efficient manner
• Be able to engage in all aspects of the planning, delegating, monitoring and controlling functions at a level commensurate with industry expectations
• Be able to make good management decisions based on complex and diverse information and conflicting opinions
• Present themselves in a professional manner when addressing how to run a project
• Be professionally certified and ready to engage in a project management career.
- Project start-up
- Creation of project management approaches
- Product requirements definition
- Planning and control
- Resource allocation and budgeting
- Team work
- Work package design and negotiation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Crisis and stress management
- Teaching methods
- This an industry based management simulation which requires the participants to manage a live project. The main instrument used for teaching is a 360 degree appraisal system. Feedback will be provided by industry professionals and certified project managers.
- Assessment methods
- A 360 degree performance appraisal system will be used to evaluate participants performance in the following areas:
• Ability to manage all aspects of the project using the tailored methods
• Team work and contribution to the success of the project
• Ability to communicate with all stakeholders of the project
• Ability to manage resources assigned to the project
• Obtainment of the desired project outcomes and desired benefits
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 40 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/CPH_PMSE