ESF:MKR_IPRK Innovative Processes - Course Information
MKR_IPRK Innovation Processes and competitivenessFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Viktorie Klímová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Viktorie Klímová, Ph.D.
Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Iveta Suchomelová Vašíčková
Supplier department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Fri 21. 2. 12:00–15:50 P403, Sat 4. 4. 12:00–15:50 P403, Sat 18. 4. 16:00–19:50 P403
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! MKR_IPRO Innovative Processes
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to explain students the importance of innovations for regional development and to acquaint them with possibilities of innovation policy to influent innovation development in a specific territory. The aim is also to demonstrate them that each regional innovation systems is unique and that the innovation policy has to be tailored to the specific needs of such region.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
- define fundamental terms of the field of innovations;
- discuss the importance of innovations for regional development;
- discuss the role of individual actors within innovation process;
- define tools for support of innovations and assess their relevance under given conditions;
- assess the regional innovation performance and compare various regions;
- propose apropriate way of intellectual property rights.
- Introduction, definition of basic terms
- Theoretical approaches to definition and importance of innovations
- European innovation policy
- National innovation system in the Czech Republic, strategic documents for development of innovations
- Regional innovations systems, support of innovation in regions
- Innovation statistics, evaluation of innovative environment, indicators for evaluation of R&D
- Innovation centres, business incubators, science parks
- Clusters, technology platforms and other forms of networking
- Protecting of intellectual property
- Financing of innovative firms
- Support of research and development
- required literature
- KLÍMOVÁ, Viktorie. Inovační procesy. Brno: Masarykova univerzita. (studijní text)
- VITURKA, Milan, Petr HALÁMEK, Viktorie KLÍMOVÁ, Vilém PAŘIL a Vladimír ŽÍTEK. Regionální rozvoj, politika a správa. Díl 1: Regionální rozvoj. Brno: ESF MU, 2015.
- VITURKA, Milan, Petr HALÁMEK, Viktorie KLÍMOVÁ, Vilém PAŘIL a Vladimír ŽÍTEK. Regionální rozvoj, politika a správa. Díl 2: Politika a správa. další spoluautoři: Labounková Vladimíra, Šich Pavel. Brno: ESF MU, 2015.
- recommended literature
- FAGERBERG, Jan, David C. MOWERY a Richard R. NELSON. The Oxford handbook of innovation. 1st ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, c2005. ISBN 978-0-19-926455-1.
- SKOKAN, K.: Konkurenceschopnost, inovace a klastry v regionálním rozvoji. Repronis, Ostrava 2004. ISBN 80-7329-059-6.
- Teaching methods
- Lessons take form of tutorial. Reading of the obligatory literature is expected.
- Assessment methods
- The written exam consists of two parts: open questions and a multiple choice test. 30 points can be usually obtained in total; to pass the exam the student needs 18 points (60%). Semester requirements: seminar project (POT).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKR_IPRK