ESF:MKR_PRAN Spatial analysis - Course Information
MKR_PRAN Spatial analysisFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Petr Tonev, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Viktorie Klímová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Josef Kunc, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Markéta Chaloupková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Tonev, Ph.D.
Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Supplier department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course provides students with basic information about the sources of available spatial socio-economic data, the possibilities and methods of their processing, analyse and evaluation. The attention is also paid to the nature and the ways of data collection, which is an essential factor for their correct interpretation. Different types of analyzes allow to capture and follow the trends of socio-economic processes or activities taking place in the territory and serve as a necessary input for elaboration of complex development strategies, sectoral concepts or directly as a basis for decision-making processes.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
- search, process and interpret spatial data coming from common public sources;
- design, prepare and carry out simple questionnaire surveys, and process and interpret their results;
- characterize any territory in the Czech Republic from the point of view of basic socio-economic indicators;
- apply regional analysis methods in practice;
- analyze and interpret basic socio-economic processes and phenomena at different hierarchical levels and compare their internal differentiation.
- 1. Socio-economic statistics, state statistical service
- 2. Statistics of the population, families and households, indicators characterizing the living standard of the population
- 3. Industry and service statistics, enterprise statistics
- 4. Research, development and innovation statistics
- 5. Macro-aggregates, population incomes, labour productivity and its measurement
- 6-7. Principles and methods of sample survey, controlled interviews
- 8.-9. GIS, spatial data, and cartographic data visualization applications
- 10. Regions, regionalization - definition of different types of regions, regional hierarchy and taxonomy, internal structure of regions
- 11. Questionnaire survey and possibilities of its use in regionally oriented research
- 12. Time series analysis, comparative and multi-criteria analysis
- required literature
- HENDL, Jan. Kvalitativní výzkum : základní teorie, metody a aplikace. 2., aktualiz. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2008. 407 s. ISBN 9788073674854. info
- Teaching methods
- Lessons take form of lectures. Continuous self-study is expected.
- Assessment methods
- During the semester, students will elaborate project (POT) based on the lectors' instructions. Positive assessment is a prerequisite for enrollment the exam. The exam has a written form. 20 points can be usually obtained in total; to pass the exam the student needs 12 points (60%).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 12 hodin.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutoriál 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKR_PRAN