ESF:MPE_IORG Industrial organization - Course Information
MPE_IORG Industrial organizationFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Ondřej Krčál, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Rostislav Staněk, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Ing. Rostislav Staněk, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jarmila Šveňhová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPE_IORG/01: Wed 10:00–11:50 S309, O. Krčál, R. Staněk
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 24 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 18/24, only registered: 0/24, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/24
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, students will master basic models of markets and industries, will be able to use formal models for discussion of important problems of competition policy, will be able to solve problems, and will acquire knowledge of a part of empirical literature in the field of competition economics and policy.
- 1. Market structure and market power, price discrimination, product variety, bundling & tying
- 2. Static and dynamic games, entry deterrence and predation
- 3. Price fixing and repeated games
- 4. Horizontal mergers
- 5. Vertical and conglomerate mergers
- 6. Vertical restraints
- required literature
- PEPALL, Lynne, Daniel Jay RICHARDS and George NORMAN. Contemporary industrial organization : a quantitative approach. Hoboken: Wiley, 2010. xvii, 558. ISBN 9780470591802. info
- recommended literature
- PEPALL, Lynne, Daniel Jay RICHARDS and George NORMAN. Industrial organization : contemporary theory and empirical applications. 4th ed. Malden: Blackwell, 2008. xxiv, 696. ISBN 9781405176323. info
- SHY, Oz. Industrial organization : theory and applications. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 1995. xxii, 466. ISBN 9780262691796. info
- TIROLE, Jean. The theory of industrial organization. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 1988. xii, 479. ISBN 0262200716. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, problem solving, case studies, reading of scientific papers
- Assessment methods
- The evaluation of the course will be based on the work during the semester and on a final written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2019/MPE_IORG