ESF:MPE_VPAM Selected parts of applied math - Course Information
MPE_VPAM Selected parts of applied mathematicsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Petr Zemánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Petr Zemánek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Vlastimil Reichel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Vlastimil Reichel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Zemánek, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Jarmila Šveňhová
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods in Economics (programme ESF, N-KME)
- Course objectives
- To recall and extend basic mathematical tools, which are needed for the master study at the faculty.
- Learning outcomes
- The knowledge of basic and advanced mathematical tools, which are needed for the master study at the faculty.
- 1. Differential calculus of one variable 2. Integral calculus of one variable 3. Matrices 4. Differential calculus of two and more variables 5. Concave and quasiconcave functions 6. Local and global extrema 7. Constrained extrema, Kuhn-Tucker conditions
- required literature
- SYDSÆTER, Knut, Peter J. HAMMOND, Arne STRØM and Andrés CARVAJAL. Essential mathematics for economic analysis. Fifth edition. Harlow: Pearson, 2016. xvi, 807. ISBN 9781292074610. info
- SYDSÆTER, Knut. Further mathematics for economic analysis. 2st ed. Harlow: Prentice-Hall, 2008. xi, 616. ISBN 9780273713289. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars. Homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- The final grade is composed of three parts: homeworks (max. 40 points), midterm test (max. 20 points), and final test (max. 40 points). The final test is available only for those students who achieve at least 40 points from homeworks and the midterm test.
The final evaluation is based on the following scale: (0-60)=F, [60-68)=E, [68-76)=D, [76-84)=C, [84-92)=B, [92-100]=A
The conditions (especially regarding the form of tests) will be specified according to the epidemiological situation and valid restrictions.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2022/MPE_VPAM