ESF:MPH_EKIS IS/ICT manag. and governance - Course Information
MPH_EKIS IS/ICT management and governanceFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Mgr. Michal Krčál, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Jaromír Skorkovský, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Radoslav Škapa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Radoslav Škapa, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Mon 12:00–13:50 P303
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MPH_PINF Management Information Systems || BPH_PINF Management Information Systems
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 13/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Business Informatics (programme ESF, N-SI)
- Course objectives
- The goal of this course is to deepen the knowledge of the students in the chosen disciplines (namely IS project management, IS strategy management, IS business value) which will help them to understand the concept of information strategy better and to allow them to design a particular information strategy for a chosen enterprise.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able:
- to define main terms and concepts from the field of IS/ICT management;
- to describe methods focused on IS/ICT management;
- to explain strengths and weaknesses of IS/ICT management methods;
- to apply the gained knowledge by designing an information strategy for a chosen company;
- 1. Introduction into problems of IS/ICT economics 2. Characteristics of IS/ICT 3. Frameworks and standards of project management 4. Critical Success Factors of project management 5. IT Governance and IT Alignment. 6. Frameworks for IT Governance 7. Justification of IS/ICT investments 8. Evaluation of IS/ICT 9. Strategic management of IS/ICT 10. Business models in IT
- required literature
- SVATÁ, Vlasta. Audit informačního systému. 2. vyd. Praha: Professional Publishing, 2012. 219 s. ISBN 9788074311062. info
- NOVOTNÝ, Ota. Řízení výkonnosti podnikové informatiky. 1. vyd. Praha: Professional publishing, 2010. 275 s. ISBN 9788074310409. info
- GÁLA, Libor, Jan POUR and Zuzana ŠEDIVÁ. Podniková informatika. 2., přeprac. a aktualiz. vy. Praha: Grada, 2009. 496 s. ISBN 9788024726151. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, discussion, team work, modeling, writing.
- Assessment methods
- Mid-term test
Active seminar participation and seminar preparation
Team project + project defence
Final exam – essay
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.