ESF:MPH_MGPS Managerial Psychology - Course Information
MPH_MGPS Managerial PsychologyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Mgr. Jakub Procházka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Jakub Procházka, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 48 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/48, only registered: 45/48
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Business Management (programme ESF, N-PEM)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to help students to effectively lead individuals, teams and organizations in environment of society 4.0 with modern psychological knowledge.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- create evaulation and reward systems that support employees' motivation
- identify unreliable and invalid methods of employee selection and evaluation
- choose leadership style that supports employee performance
- identify and resist manipulation
- describe antecedents of work attitudes and their impact on organization
- avoid mistakes in creating work teams
- - Work motivation: how to set systems for motivation, evaluation and rewarding of employees in society 4.0
- - Validity and reliability of psychodiagnostics methods: how to choose and assess tools for selection and evaluation of employees
- - Psychology of leadership: how to lead people effectively
- - Persuasion and attitude change: application in negotiation, pricing and marketing
- - Work attitudes, engagement and burnout: antecedents and consequences for organization
- - Teamwork: how to build effective and cooperative team
- required literature
- ARNOLD, John and Ray RANDALL. Work psychology : understanding human behaviour in the workplace. 5th ed. New York: Financial Times Prentice Hall, 2010. xxix, 814. ISBN 9780273711216. info
- Sociální psychologie. Edited by Jozef Výrost - Ivan Slaměník. 2., přepracované a rozší. Praha: Grada, 2008. 404 stran. ISBN 9788024714288. info
- recommended literature
- KULHAVÝ, Viktor and Jakub PROCHÁZKA. Cvičebnice pro předmět Řízení lidských zdrojů. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2015. 186 pp. URL info
- PROCHÁZKA, Jakub, Martin VACULÍK and Petr SMUTNÝ. Psychologie efektivního leadershipu (The Psychology of Effective Leadership). Praha: Grada, 2013. 152 pp. Psyché. ISBN 978-80-247-4646-3. URL info
- WOODS, Stephen A. and Michael A. WEST. The psychology of work and organizations. Andover: South-Western/Cengage Learning, 2010. xviii, 598. ISBN 9781408018866. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, reading
- Assessment methods
- group presentation, group projects, activity at seminars, small tests during the seminars, final test
Student should attend at least 80 % of seminars, get at least 40 % of points for group presentation, at least 50 % points from final test and in total at least 50 % of available points.
A 86-100 %, B 77-85 %, C 68-76%, D 59-67 %, E 50-58%
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Note related to how often the course is taught: Jeden týden přednáška, další týden návazný seminář.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MPH_MGPS