ESF:MPV_EKVZ Education Policy - Course Information
MPV_EKVZ Education PolicyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Markéta Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Gabriela Vaceková, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Gabriela Vaceková, PhD.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Wed 12:00–13:50 P52
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to introduce basic principles, objectives, functions and instruments of education policy in the Czech republic and abroad; especially role of education, scholarship and qualification in contemporary knowledge society is accentuated. Students are conduced to (1) understanding of the key relationships between educational and other social policies (especially labour market policy and its bonds to human capital, employability, life-long learning and knowledge society); (2) understanding of the educational and training programs formation and (3) evaluate their effects for various actors and suggest appropriate and effective problems solution in field of education. Great emphasis is directed to the main risks and inefficiency caused in low educational policy reflexion of labour market needs (inadequate educational system targeting, unexploited labour force, effects for public budget).em.
- 1) Educational policy as part of social (public) policy – functions, principles, objectives, actors, levels, relationships to the other social policies. 2) Primary education and vocational training as an entrance ticket to the labour market – educational systems, their objectives, subjects, programmes, effects. 3) Additional (life-long) learning as an instrument of labour force adaptability, labour market flexibility and application, reproduction and diffusion of basic knowledge level – life-long learning, adult education in different life-course cycles, labour force development, vocational training.
- required literature
- Teorie a nástroje vzdělávací politiky. Edited by Jaroslav Kalous - Arnošt Veselý. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006. 172 s. ISBN 9788024612607. info
- Vybrané problémy vzdělávací politiky. Edited by Jaroslav Kalous - Arnošt Veselý. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006. 159 s. ISBN 8024612593. info
- KALOUS, Jaroslav a Arnošt VESELÝ. Vybrané problémy vzdělávací politiky. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006, 159 s. ISBN 8024612623
- recommended literature
- LADD, Helen F.; FISKE, Edward B. (ed.). Handbook of research in education finance and policy. Routledge, 2012. ISBN 0805861459.
- OECD (2013), Education at a Glance 2013: OECD Indicators, OECD Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/eag-2013-en
- Teaching methods
- Reading, homework, group work.
- Assessment methods
- Written test, seminar work, final written and oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět je vyučován společně s předmětem VLP151 (FSS).
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.