ESF:MPV_EKVZ Education Policy - Course Information
MPV_EKVZ Education PolicyFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Markéta Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Gabriela Vaceková, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Gabriela Vaceková, PhD.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Wed 12:00–13:50 P24
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- By passing the course, students are expected to:
• understand the role of education policy, its socio-economic aspects and complexity;
• interpret the human capital theory and link the education to the labour market;
• be able to assess the influence of the long life learning concept;
• identify and critically discuss factors influencing the quality in education, and apply them to chosen educational institutions;
• explain characteristics and main challenges of current Czech educational policy and compare its trends with other European educational systems;
• explain and evaluate goals, strategy management and financing of the Czech educational policy and its institutional system.
- • Education and educational policy, the role of the state in education.
- • Political, economic and social dimensions of education. Human capital theory.
- • European educational policy, Bologna process.
- • Educational policy in the Czech Republic. International dimension.
- • Organisation and financing of education in the Czech Republic and other countries.
- • The role of private sector in education. Private and religious schools.
- • Educational subsystems, their organisation and finance.
- • Quality assurance in education and its evaluation.
- required literature
- Teorie a nástroje vzdělávací politiky. Edited by Jaroslav Kalous - Arnošt Veselý. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006. 172 s. ISBN 9788024612607. info
- Vybrané problémy vzdělávací politiky. Edited by Jaroslav Kalous - Arnošt Veselý. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006. 159 s. ISBN 8024612593. info
- KALOUS, Jaroslav a Arnošt VESELÝ. Vybrané problémy vzdělávací politiky. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006, 159 s. ISBN 8024612623
- recommended literature
- LADD, Helen F.; FISKE, Edward B. (ed.). Handbook of research in education finance and policy. Routledge, 2012. ISBN 0805861459.
- OECD (2013), Education at a Glance 2013: OECD Indicators, OECD Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/eag-2013-en
- Teaching methods
- The course takes form of both lectures and seminars. During the lectures, students are acquainted with main issues of education policy. During the seminars students have opportunity to develop certain topics and discuss problematic parts. Presentations of students' essays are part of the seminars.
- Assessment methods
- In order to complete successfully the course, students have to acquire at least 120 points within the semester and submit a seminar paper on proposed topic. During the semester there will be two written tests and students may obtain at maximum 100 points from each of them. The other activities valued with points are seminar paper (obligatory, 0-30 points), presentation (0-20 points) and active participation in discussions (0-10 points for whole semester). If students don’t acquire at least 120 points, they will be given grade F. In case of acquiring of more than 120 points, the students will be graded according to following scale:
A more than 200
F less than 120
If a student doesn’t accept a grade proposed by the scale, she/he will be given a possibility to pass an oral exam and adjust her/his evaluation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Pokud se zapíše méně než 15 studentů, může být předmět vyučován více individuálně, příp. blokovou formou.
Credit evaluation note: k = 1,5.
Information on course enrolment limitations: max. 20 cizích studentů; cvičení pouze pro studenty ESF
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MPV_EKVZ