ESF:DXR_PREZ Research Workshop - Course Information
DXR_PREZ Research WorkshopFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Vladimír Žítek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Milan Viturka, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Vystoupil, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Josef Kunc, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Viktorie Klímová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Viera Papcunová, PhD. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Mgr. Jana Soukopová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Jan Stejskal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Gabriela Vaceková, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Vladimír Žítek, Ph.D.
Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Přikrylová
Supplier department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Study of literature 2x.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to: • Provide the student with the possibility of a professional discussion of the project of his dissertation • Develop the student's ability to present and defend the project of his dissertation work or the initial results of his scientific work.
- Research workshop means: a) A presentation at a seminar attended by employees of the supervising department and (possibly) guests, organized by the Head of the department in order to critically evaluate DDP students’ research projects, or to critically evaluate a presented study relevant to the dissertation topic. The student’s supervisor selects from the variants with regard to the specifics of the particular field of study and the focus of the dissertation. The second variant (presentation of a study) is expected especially if the student intends to submit the dissertation in the form of a thematically relevant collection of published works (or works in print or otherwise accepted for publication). The student is required to submit a dissertation research project/study relevant to the dissertation topic no later than 14 days prior to the research workshop, electronically and via the department secretary’s office. At the same time, the student has to submit the respective text in the “Homework Vault” application in the IS MU. Should the presentation take place at a summer school, credits may only be awarded if the student does not obtain credits for the summer school within the course Internship. b) A presentation at an important and thematically relevant research conference or at a summer school. The text of the paper presented with a corresponding review written in connection with the publication of the paper in the conference proceedings (if available), must be submitted through the “Homework Vault” application in the IS MU. For the presentation at a summer school credits may only be awarded if the student does not receive credits for this summer school as part of the course Internship.
- Assessment methods
- The student is obliged to submit a project of his / her doctoral dissertation / study on the dissertation topic no later than 14 days before the seminar, in electronic form through the department secretariat. At the same time, (s)he is required to insert the relevant text into the "Homework Vault" application in IS MU, where the material is accessible for review by the Sector Board / Commission. The credit is awarded by the student's supervisor on the basis of: • 1st assessment of the text of the research project / research study • 2nd quality of its presentation and defense at the seminar. The credit can only be granted on condition that the text has been placed in the "Homework Vault".
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
Note related to how often the course is taught: v průběhu semestru.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been established under the project "Creation of research oriented postgraduate study programme Regional Economics (CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_018/0002596)" which is co-financed by the European Social Fund and the national budget of the Czech Republic.