ESF:KMMATI Mathematics I - Course Information
KMMATI Mathematics IFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Mgr. Markéta Matulová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Miloslav Mikulík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Osvald Vašíček, CSc.
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lenka Hráčková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- KMMATI/01: Sat 20. 9. 13:45–16:15 P106, 13:45–16:15 P101, 13:45–16:15 P102, Sun 12. 10. 9:20–11:50 P101, 9:20–11:50 P106, 9:20–11:50 P102, Sat 1. 11. 9:20–11:50 P101, 9:20–11:50 P102, 9:20–11:50 P106, Sat 29. 11. 9:20–11:50 P101, 9:20–11:50 P102, 9:20–11:50 P106, M. Mikulík
KMMATI/02: Sun 28. 9. 9:20–11:50 P102, 9:20–11:50 P106, 9:20–11:50 P101, Sat 18. 10. 16:20–18:45 P106, 16:20–18:45 P101, 16:20–18:45 P102, Sat 8. 11. 9:20–11:50 P101, 9:20–11:50 P102, 9:20–11:50 P106, Sat 6. 12. 9:20–11:50 P106, 9:20–11:50 P102, 9:20–11:50 P101, M. Matulová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Financial Management (programme ESF, B-HPS)
- Financial Management (programme ESF, B-HPS, specialization Financial Management)
- Management (programme ESF, B-EKM)
- Monetary System (programme ESF, B-HPS)
- Regional Development and Administration (programme ESF, B-HPS)
- Public Economics and Administration (programme ESF, B-HPS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce the principal mathematical means necessary to formulate and solve economic problems. The graduates of the course should understand and be able to use basic terms and methods of linear algebra, especially matrices and solving systems of linear algebraic equations. They also revise some topics from elementary differential calculus. The course is followed by Mathematics II. (KMMAT2)
- The basics of mathematical logic and the theory of sets. Elementary functions. Matrices, matrix relations and operations.
- Vector spaces. Linear dependence and independence. Basis and dimension. Scalar product, norm and distance.
- Determinants. Matrix rank. Systems of linear equations. Cramer's rule, elimination methods.
- Frobenius theorem. Description of solution sets for homogeneous and inhomogeneous systems. Computation of matrix inverse. Eigenvectors and eigenvalues.
- Assessment methods
- Four tutorials, three homeworks. Oral and written examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2008/KMMATI