ESF:BPR_AENE Environmental Economy - Informace o předmětu
BPR_AENE Environmental Economy and Sustainable DevelopmentEkonomicko-správní fakulta
- 2/0/0. 5 kr. Ukončení: zk.
- prof. RNDr. Milan Viturka, CSc. (přednášející)
- prof. RNDr. Milan Viturka, CSc.
Katedra regionální ekonomie a správy - Ekonomicko-správní fakulta
Kontaktní osoba: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Katedra regionální ekonomie a správy - Ekonomicko-správní fakulta
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je otevřen studentům libovolného oboru.
- Cíle předmětu
- The main aim of the course is to acquaint students with the economic aspects of creation and protection of the life environment. In this regard, the first part of the course deals with the description of global environmental problems and the underlying causes of market failure in the area of environmental goods and the possibilities of solutions with an emphasis on environmental policies and institutional structures. The second part focuses on the natural bases of the life environment in interaction with the building of so-called ecological infrastructure (especially territorial systems of ecological stability) and the development and quality of its main components (landscape, waste, air and water). The third block then deals with applications of ecological approaches in real economics. Students acquire basic knowledge about the concept of "green economy" and its main tools as well as information concerning of selected examples of application (energy, tourism).
- Výstupy z učení
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to: - describe the underlying environmental context of socio-economic development; - explain the causes of market failure in the area of environmental goods; - demonstrate the main tools and measures to support the implementation of the sustainable development strategy and analyze their economic impacts.
- Block lectures A: Social development and environmental quality. 1. Global environmental issues and their reflection in economics, the concept of sustainable development. 2. EU/OECD environmental policy. 3. Institutions - governmental and non-governmental institutions and organisations with links to ecology, international actions and initiatives. Block lectures B: Main components of the environment. 4. Natural bases of life environmental creation, territorial systems of ecological landscape stability. 5. Conservation of nature and landscape in the context of territorial development, tools and measures. 6. Wastes and circularity, tools and measures. 7. Conservation of air quality, tools and measures. 8. Conservation of water quality, tools and measures. Block C lectures: Examples of application of ecological approaches in economics. 9. "Green" economy - environmental management, environmental standards, E.I.A., examples from practice. 10. Sustainable development of energy 11. Sustainable tourism in the economic context. 12. Management of environmental tourism impacts and/or excursion - Incinerator Brno. Final activities. 13. Closing discussion (on-line forum results) and final test (pre-term).
- Specialized textbooks (see IS, course materials)
- ENDRES, Albert. Environmental economic : theory and policy. Translated by Iain L. Fraser. Rev. and extended English ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2011. xix, 379. ISBN 9781107002142. info
- Výukové metody
- The subject is taught in the form of lectures, which are supplemented by presentations of group work on given topics or excursion.
- Metody hodnocení
- The written exam that takes form of a multiple-choice test; there are usually 25 questions; to pass the student answer at least 15 questions correctly (60 %).
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je vyučován každoročně.