ESF:MPE_DIS1 Diploma Thesis Seminar 1 - Course Information
MPE_DIS1 Diploma Thesis Seminar 1Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Jan Čapek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Fitzová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Aleš Franc, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Miroslav Hloušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Monika Jandová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Jan Jonáš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Christiana Kliková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Ondřej Krčál, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Michal Kvasnička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Martin Kvizda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Josef Menšík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Štěpán Mikula, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Christopher Alfred Nash, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Daniel Němec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Tomáš Paleta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Slanicay, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Antonín Slaný, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Rostislav Staněk, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Zdeněk Tomeš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Osvald Vašíček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Milan Žák, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Libor Žídek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Jan Čapek, Ph.D.
Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Jarmila Šveňhová
Supplier department: Department of Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPE_DIS1/Jan_Capek: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Čapek
MPE_DIS1/Martin_Kvizda: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Kvizda
MPE_DIS1/01: Thu 12:00–13:50 VT206, O. Vašíček
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MPE_TEDP Diploma thesis
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In the Diploma Thesis Seminar 1, student starts working on the Diploma Thesis. The aim of the seminar is a student's understanding of substantive and formal requirements for a Diploma Thesis and their application in writing of the Thesis. The result of the seminar should be the work done according to the instructions of the supervisor.
- Learning outcomes
- After successful completion of the course, student will be able to:
- introduce preliminary results of the thesis to the audience,
- propose a procedure for further work with respect to the results so far,
- reflect preliminary results and to adapt the original methodology proposals,
- update the list of used references.
- Diploma Thesis Seminars are held individually according to the topic of the thesis in the form of consultations with the supervisor; specific form and content of the seminar fully meets the assignment of the supervisor. The concept of the seminar is therefore highly flexible, therefore allowing to better understand and address the specific problems of individual students.
- week 1 to 13 - Consultations according to the instructions of the supervisor.
- required literature
- Interaktivní osnova předmětu Akademické psaní - https://is.muni.cz/auth/el/1456/podzim2015/BDX_AKAP/index.qwarp
- recommended literature
- GERŠLOVÁ, Jana. Vádemékum vědecké a odborné práce. 1. vyd. [Praha]: Professional Publishing, 2009. 148 s. ISBN 9788074310027. info
- FRANCÍREK, František. Absolventská práce : co, jak a proč připravit, zpracovat, napsat a zhodnotit (obhájit). Vyd. 2. Praha: Ingenio et Arti, 2013. 62, 51. ISBN 9788090528734. info
- Teaching methods
- Diploma Thesis Seminar typically takes the form of self-study and individual consultations with the supervisor. According to specific instructions from the supervisor, a presentation or defense of the research project or part of the thesis may also be part of the seminar.
- Assessment methods
- The credit for the seminar is granted by the supervisor based on the work that is done on the Thesis during the semester. The condition for granting a credit is sufficient progress in writing of the Thesis according to the instructions given by the supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information