MKF_MUST International Accounting StandardsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Eva Hýblová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Bc. Dana Peňázová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jana Vodáková, Ph.D.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 10. 10. 16:00–19:50 P304, Fri 30. 10. 16:00–19:50 P304, Sat 5. 12. 12:00–15:50 P304
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the course is to make students familiar with fundamental trends of accounting harmonization in Europe, EU directives and the International Financial Reporting Standards. The course also introduces the International Financial Reporting Standards. The emphasis is put on the issue of recognizing and valuating the items of the Financial Statement in compliance with the Standards, closing books and characteristics of selected standards.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- characterize general methods of accounting harmonization;
- use the principles of recognition and valuation of the items in the financial statements in compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards;
- apply these Standards
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, the students should be able to:
- characterize the general methods of harmonization in accounting;
- use regulations of recognition and measurement of the elements in financial statements according to the International Financial Reporting Standards;
- prepare the financial statements according to IFRS;
- apply these Standards.
- 1. Introductory tutorial – organizational matters, course description, recommendations on studying;
- Introduction to accounting harmonization, IAS framework;
- Preparation of Financial Statements (IAS 1, IAS 8, IFRS 1, IAS 7);
- Fixed Assets (IAS 16, IFRS 16, IAS 40, IAS 38, IAS 36);
- Inventory (IAS 2), Money, Receivables, Financial Assets;
- Assignment of semester paper(POT);
- In-term test;
- 2. Second tutorial – Liabilities and provisions (IAS 37), Costs and revenues (IFRS 15), Income Taxes (IAS 12);
- Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates (IAS 21), Accounting for Government Grants and Disclosure of Government Assistance (IAS 20);
- Assignment of semester paper (POT).
- 3. Third tutorial - Final assessment
- required literature
- HÝBLOVÁ Eva, HAMPL Filip a Petr SVOBODA. Mezinárodní standardy účetního výkaznictví. 2019. Studijní text, dostupný v ISU na stránce předmětu.
- recommended literature
- KRUPOVÁ, Lenka. IFRS : mezinárodní standardy účetního výkaznictví, interpretace a aplikace v podnikové praxi. 3. vydání. Praha: 1. Vox, 2019. iv, 740. ISBN 9788087480700. info
- International Financial Standards Board. IFRS 2011. International Financial Reporting Standards. United Kingdom. ISBN 978-1-907877-02-5
- Teaching methods
- The subject is taught within three tutorials consisting of 12 classes.
- Assessment methods
- The course has a form of two tutorials consisting of 12 classes. It is completed by a written exam and comprises of a theoretical part as well as practical one. In the course of the semester there are two scheduled in-term tests. The minimum success rate to pass is 60%. The semester paper is assessed either passed or failed. Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination."
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2020/MKF_MUST