FI:MA022 Practising Algebra II - Course Information
MA022 Practising Algebra IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Michal Kunc, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc.
Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MA022/01: Tue 16:00–17:50 B204, L. Polák
MA022/02: Wed 8:00–9:50 G124, M. Kunc
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( MA009 Algebra II )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- A recommended seminar for MA009 Algebra II. The theory from lectures is worked out on additional examples.
- Basics on fields, ordered sets and lattices. The issues from universal algebra are elaborated for concrete structures.
- materials at www.math.muni.cz/~polak
- Teaching methods
- With the help of an instructor, the students solve various problems, mainly practical ones. Also certain theoretical ones are considered.
- Assessment methods
- For a credit, an acctive participation at seminars (missing sessions at most 3), certain amount of points awarded for homeworks.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information