FI:PA036 Database System Project - Course Information
PA036 Database System ProjectFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 12:00–13:50 A320
- Knowledge of database systems, data modeling and software engineering is expected and positive attitude to programming
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students will be able to create a working application in a relational database system. Next they will be able to write technical documentations. Presentations skills will also be trained.
- The goal is to create a working application based on a relational database system and its technical documentation, and to present it.
- The documentation consists of: project plans, logical data model, physical data model, application's functions description, user manual, source code;
- The data model will be presented and discussed in the class. Presentation of the working application with some testing data is required.
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, database project including documentation
- Assessment methods
- Credit will be awarded based on the oral presentation of the project objectives within a seminar, project's implementation, submission of project documentation and the final oral presentation of project's implementation within a seminar. Next, the student has to review one data model by his or her colleague and be present at his or her both oral presentations.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.