FI:PA128 Similarity Searching - Course Information
PA128 Similarity Searching in Multimedia DataFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc. (lecturer), doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (deputy)
doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
- Mon 8:00–9:50 B204
- Knowledge of technical English
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 29 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to teach students the state of the art of the similarity searching in multimedia data.
- Part I Metric Searching in a Nutshell:
- Foundations of Metric Space Searching
- Survey of Existing Approaches
- Part II Metric Searching in Large Collections of Data:
- Centralized Index Structures
- Approximate Similarity Search
- Parallel and Distributed Indexes.
- Assessment methods
- The course is given in English. Final exam is oral and can also be in Czech. Questions during lectures are allowed to be also in Czech.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses