FI:PA181 Services - SME - Course Information
PA181 Services - Systems, Modeling and ExecutionFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/2. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mouzhi Ge, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jitka Kitner (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Wed 10:00–11:50 A318
- Domain Understanding and Modeling
Introduction to Service Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 34 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Practical course on the design of Service Systems applications. Students cooperate on design and operation preparation of practical applications that meet requirements of Service Systems. The examples and the students final work are presented and developed in IBM Blue Mix, the modern framework focused to complex services development. Course is organised in presentation/seminar form and relatively high level of student's team autonomy is expected. At the end of the course students should be able to: make reasoned decisions about service system design and service system innovation; work with information in given business domain; formulate value propositions. Students will get free limited (6 months) access into IBM Blue Mix.
- Service Systems Basic
- 4 diamonds model (See, Recognise, Organise, Do)
Recommended Systems (service example)
IBM Blue Mix introduction
IBM Blue Mix Case studies presentation
IBM Blue Mix setting the environment
Smart Services concepts
- Smart Cities
- Smart Homes and Buildings
- Internet of Things
- Smart Grids
Business Models of Smart Services
- Lean Canvas
- Service Systems Basic
- OSTERWALDER, Alexander and Yves PIGNEUR. Tvorba business modelů : příručka pro vizionáře, inovátory a všechny, co se nebojí výzev. Edited by Alan Smith. 2. vydání. V Brně: BizBooks, 2015. 278 stran. ISBN 9788026504252. info
- OSTERWALDER, Alexander and Yves PIGNEUR. Tvorba business modelů : příručka pro vizionáře, inovátory a všechny, co se nebojí výzev. Edited by Alan Smith. 1. vyd. V Brně: BizBooks, 2012. 278 s. ISBN 9788026500254. info
- OSTERWALDER, Alexander and Yves PIGNEUR. Business model generation : a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2010. 278 s. ISBN 9780470876411. info
- OSTERWALDER, A. and Y. PIGNEUR. Business model generation: A handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley &Sons, 2010. info
- Teaching methods
- presentations, group projects, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- A seminar work is required to the colloquium consisting in a complete service system preparation. The seminar work will be done by teams of 3-4 members using the standards of project management.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.