FI:PA182 Managing in Reality - Course Information
PA182 Managing in RealityFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Tomas Gersl (lecturer)
David Michael Louis Moore (lecturer), Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Jitka Kitner (assistant)
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Fri 26. 10. 10:00–12:50 A318, Fri 16. 11. 10:00–12:50 A318, Fri 23. 11. 10:00–12:50 A318, Fri 7. 12. 10:00–12:50 A318, Fri 14. 12. 10:00–11:50 A318
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 17/40, only registered: 1/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 1/40
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Service Science, Management and Engineering (eng.) (programme FI, N-AP)
- Service Science, Management and Engineering (programme FI, N-AP)
- Social Informatics (programme FI, B-AP)
- Course objectives
- In this module you will learn about the key areas that apply to day to day leadership and management of an outsourced delivery organization, focussing on theory and interactive learning topics that will prepare you for "managing in reality" At the end of the course students should be able to: understand and explain what means leadership; work with information on processes in reality; create plans; make reasoned decisions about real business situations;
- This is an interactive course led by two Senior Managers from IT Outsourcing industry, that not only focuses on theory, but "Managing in Reality" - taking theory and relating to real life business cases.
- Identify the essentials for successful business management - the focus needed, and the skills in balancing customer, employee and business
- Learn about what happens on a daily basis in a delivery organization and the skills that are needed to achieve success
- Learn how a large corporation and how you can balance the needs of the people, how to motivate, develop and retain staff
- Go in depth on how to set goals, and how to measure them to meet and exceed business and customer expectation
- Understand that People are key to the success of the business - find out what you need to know, and what will help you and your teams succeed
- Have the opportunity to raise questions to members of a Senior Management Team, to be able to better understand what are learning contributes to your personal success.
- internal materials of IBM
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- written work will be required for a colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2018/PA182