FI:PB170 Seminar on Dig.Syst. Design - Course Information
PB170 Seminar on Digital System DesignFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Filip Mravec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (alternate examiner)
RNDr. Martin Veškrna (lecturer)
Mgr. Šimon Řeřucha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PB170/01: Thu 16:00–17:50 A415, F. Mravec, M. Veškrna
PB170/02: Thu 18:00–19:50 A415, F. Mravec, M. Veškrna
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( pv170 Design of Digital Systems )|| NOW ( pa174 Design of Digital Systems II )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: understand main concepts of digital system design (combinational and sequential circuits); know the realization of basic design (adders, counters, state automata); create and simulate simple design.
- Fundamentals of digital systems: description of a logic circuit, design methods.
- Basic entities: primitives (gates), combinatorial circuits, sequential circuits.
- Practical exercises with tools Hades and Quartus.
- Short introduction into HDL, Verilog.
- recommended literature
- THOMAS, Donald E. and Philip R. MOORBY. The Verilog hardware description language. 5. ed. New York: Springer, 2002. xx, 381. ISBN 1402070896. info
- Teaching methods
- Computer lab seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Examples during the semester, final individual project.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information