FI:PB171 Seminar on Dig.Syst. Arch. - Course Information
PB171 Seminar on Digital System ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Horák, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 21. 2. to Thu 16. 5. Thu 10:00–11:50 A415
- To successfully complete this course, it is appropriate to study PV172-Architektura digitalnich systemu or PA176-Architecture of Digital Systems II in parallel.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the seminar are to verify the knowledge acquired during the PA176-Digital computer architecture and PV172-Architektura cislicovych systemu courses. The students will learn about the structure and the design of systems for selected microcomputers, they will learn programming them in the Assembler language or C language and at the end of semester they will create their own project. The lessons will be held in the Digital system construction laboratory.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- use the development tools of EmLab laboratory to design own digital system;
- to program developed digital system using languages assembler and C;
- to build and revive the developed digital system.
- - eight-bit controller architecture (PIC12 family);
- - language of symbolic addresses (assembler) for PIC12 family controllers;
- - operation of digital inputs and outputs;
- - interrupt and timer operation;
- - operation of EEPROM and control circuits;
- - use of AD converter and comparator;
- - an eight-bit platform C language translator;
- - operating in C language for PIC12 family controllers;
- - operation of the shift register;
- - operation UART, SPI, I2C busses;
- - control of advanced peripherals;
- - work on a semestral project.
- Datasteety jednotlivých použitých modulů
- Teaching methods
- laboratory seminars
- Assessment methods
- semestral project
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.