FI:PB171 Seminar on Dig.Syst. Arch. - Course Information
PB171 Seminar on Digital System ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 69 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the seminar are to verify the knowledge acquired during the Digital computer architecture course. The students will learn about the structure and the design of systems for selected microcomputers, they will learn to programme them in the Assembler language or C language and at the end of the semester, they will create their own project. The lessons will be held in the Digital system construction laboratory.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to: practically design a digital system program using a language assembler and C designed digital system to practically assemble and integrate a digital system
- Architecture of 8-bit controllers (PIC12 family).
- Assembly language for target platform.
- General purpose I/O.
- Timers and interrupt handling.
- EEPROM handling.
- Applications of the analog-digital converter.
- C language compiler for 8-bit platforms.
- Using C language for target platform-
- Controlling shift register.
- Bus drivers: UART, SPI, I2C.
- Advanced peripherals.
- Semestral project.
- Datasteety jednotlivých použitých modulů
- Teaching methods
- laboratory seminars
- Assessment methods
- semestral project
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/PB171