FI:PV003 RDBS Architecture - Course Information
PV003 Relational Database System ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- RNDr. Milan Drášil, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Milan Drášil, CSc.
- Mon 16:00–17:50 D2
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV003/02: Tue 9:00–9:50 B311, V. Dohnal
PV003/03: Wed 9:00–9:50 B311, V. Dohnal
PV003/04: Wed 14:00–14:50 B311, V. Dohnal
PV003/05: Wed 15:00–15:50 B311, V. Dohnal
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Basic course to relational datadase communication language SQL.
- 1. DDL - Data Definition Language SQL - standard and user data types - table definition - integrity constraints (primary, references, check) - sequential generators - synonyms - views - indexes 2. Security - basic rules - roles - user's rights 3. DML - Data Manipulation Language SQL - INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, TRUNCATE - projection in SQL - selection in SQL - product in SQL - indexes - query execution plans - query optimalization 4. Server procedures - functions - procedures - procedure packages - triggers - events 5. Development Techniques for client applications - PRO*C
- Definition of SQL, technical manuals
- Assessment methods
- Simple project, practical test (select command ..), final test from SQL language principles.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.