PV004 UNIXFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Ing. Lucie Pekárková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 12:00–13:50 Virtuální místnost
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 74 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The students of this course will be introduced to the general principles of the UNIX operation system. At the end of this course, students should know the Shell and should be able to program shell scripts.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, the student will understand the principles of the UNIX operating system, will be able to control the unix shell line interface on a common user level, program simple shell scripts, and manage manipulation of text files, including understanding the use of regular expressions.
- UNIX history, main features, system access.
- System structure: file systems, processes.
- Access rights.
- User interface: shell and its programming.
- Text processing: regular expressions, editors, text processing commands.
- Setting of the user environment.
- Multi-user communication, status of the system.
- Teaching methods
- The course contains facultative lectures and continuous e-learning testing in IS MU. The emphasis is laid on individual independent and continuous computer work during the term.
- Assessment methods
- The student is required to meet three milestones. Ignoring the milestone leads to the evaluation of X. The exam will take place by a separate solution of the task and the content of the solution will be evaluated with the mark A-E.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
All information in the discussion forum of the course in IS.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2021/PV004