FI:PV005 Computer Network Services - Course Information
PV005 Computer Network ServicesFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Mgr. Jaroslav Bayer (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Bydžovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Matěj Čuhel (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Jan Géryk, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Daniel Keder (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Tomáš Obšívač (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Patka (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Ing. Lucie Pekárková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
- Wed 14:00–15:50 D1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 41 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course provides an introduction to the computer networks questions as far as both technical aspects and software aspects are concerned. The students will be also acquainted with basic provided services.
- TCP/IP Networks: architecture, addressing, routing, BIND.
- Network services under TCP/IP: telnet/rlogin, ftp/rcp.
- E-mail: RFC 822, MIME, system architecture.
- WWW: URL, httpd, clients.
- WWW server. http protocol.
- Secure communication: ssh, SSL, https etc.
- Local area networks media.
- Teaching methods
- The course contains facultative seminars in the form of lectures.
- Assessment methods
- Each seminar is finished by a mandatory electronical test, which must be passed in IS MU within two weeks. Successfully passed tests are the condition for getting through the course. Organizational instructions are described in the course study materials.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information