FI:PV170 Design of Digital Systems - Course Information
PV170 Design of Digital SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Veškrna (lecturer)
RNDr. Filip Mravec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Horák, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Wed 14:00–15:50 B410
- PB107 is necessary for study this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this course is understand and master basic theoretical knowledge and practical virtuosity necessary for description and for design digital systems. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
Fundamentals of the logical algebra and logical function.
Design of the simple combination circuits.
Design of the elemental sequential circuits.
- Theory of the encoding and data representation
- Logic algebra and optimalization of logical terms.
- Implementation arithmetic and logical operations into computer machines.
- Basic of the sampled technology
- Fundamental logic circuits and digital computer modules
- Theoretical tools of automat design
- Basic operational units of digital systems
- Digital systems cores
- recommended literature
- John F. Wakerly, Digital Design: Principles and Practices (4th Edition) , Prentice Hall, 2005.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 3 parts:
1) defense of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol
2) written test - logical algebra, design of the digital circuits and analysis of the digital circuits
3) oral exam - theoretical tools for design of the digital circuits
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.