FI:PV171 Digit.Syst. Diagnostics - Course Information
PV171 Digital Systems DiagnosticsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Veškrna (lecturer)
RNDr. Filip Mravec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Horák, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 18:00–19:50 A415
- ( PV170 Design of Digital Systems && PV172 Architecture of Digit. Systems )
Courses PV170 - Design of Digital Computers and PV172 - Architecture of the digital systems are advisable source of necessary knowledge for current course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this course is understand and master fundamental theoretical knowledge of the technical system reliability theory. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
theory of the technical systems reliability
theoretical and operative diagnostic of the digital systems
Most important principles, models and applications of the redundancy.
- Theory of the reliability
- Hardware and software reliability of the digital systems
- Definition of the reliability, classification of the failures and numerical parameters of the reliability
- Grounding notations of technical diagnostics, failures model of the technical systems
- Assembly methods of the detection and location tests
- Checking of the failure-free activity, relaxation after failure, reconfiguration, depletion of the operation
- Fault tolerant systems and redundancy
- Fundamental of the technical systems predicting diagnostics
- Hardware and software functionality checking tools of the digital system
- Hardware and software diagnostics tools of the digital systems
- Microprocessors systems testing and ROMBIOS
- recommended literature
- Martin L. Shooman, Reliability of Computer Systems and Networks: Fault Tolerance, Analysis, and Design , Wiley-Interscience, 2001
- Military Standard MIL-STD-1696A: Procedures for performing a failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis
- Military Handbook MIL-HDBK-217F: Reliability prediction of electronic equipment
- not specified
- NOVÁK, M., PŘENOSIL, V., SVÍTEK, M., VOTRUBA, Z. Problémy spolehlivosti, životnosti a bezpecnosti systémů. NEURAL NETWORK WORLD, edice monografií, Praha 2004
- BEDNAŘÍK, J. Technika spolehlivosti v elektronické praxi. SNTL 1990
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 2 parts:
1) discussion about written test and homemade task - theory of the reliability and theoretical diagnostics
2) oral exam - theoretical topics from list of the study fields.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.