FI:PV175 MS Windows Management I - Course Information
PV175 MS Windows Systems Management IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Vít Bukač, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lukáš Patka (lecturer)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Pavel Babinec (seminar tutor)
Zbyněk Mayer (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Tuček (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Dobrovolný (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 9:00–9:50 D1
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV175/02: Mon 14:00–15:50 A104, P. Babinec
PV175/03: Tue 8:00–9:50 A104, Š. Suchomel
PV175/04: Tue 18:00–19:50 A104, Š. Suchomel
PV175/05: Wed 8:00–9:50 A104, P. Tuček
PV175/06: Wed 12:00–13:50 A104, Z. Mayer
PV175/07: Thu 18:00–19:50 A104, Z. Mayer
PV175/08: Fri 12:00–13:50 A104, P. Babinec
- Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals (at least comparable to PB152 Operating Systems course). User experience with Windows 2000 or later.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 85 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/85, only registered: 0/85, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/85
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 39 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objective of this course is to provide students with solid knowledge needed for implementing and supporting client MS Windows operating systems.
- Local, Network and Automated Installation of Windows XP Professional
- Basic System Configuration
- User & Group Accounts
- Network Protocols - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Active Directory Fundamentals
- NT File System, File Sharing, Local & Network Access Permissions
- Hardware Devices & Drivers
- Disk & Data Management
- Security Audit
- Backing Up and Restoring Data
- Supporting Remote Users
- Troubleshooting the Boot Process
- Windows Registry
- Encrypting File System
- Scripting basics
- Assessment methods
- Lectures and mandatory exercises (1 + 2 hours / week). Both the course and exam are in Czech. The exam is in a form of written test (choice from 4 options).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses