FI:PV175 MS Windows Management I - Course Information
PV175 MS Windows Systems Management IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Libor Dušek (lecturer)
Zbyněk Mayer (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Šimon Suchomel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondrej Šebela (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Tomáš Sklenák (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 9:00–9:50 A107
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PV175/02: Tue 10:00–11:50 A104, O. Šebela
PV175/03: Wed 10:00–11:50 A104, L. Dušek
PV175/04: Wed 12:00–13:50 A104, Z. Mayer
PV175/05: Mon 12:00–13:50 A104, L. Dušek
PV175/06: Wed 16:00–17:50 A104, O. Šebela
PV175/07: No timetable has been entered into IS. Š. Suchomel
- Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals (at least comparable to PB152 Operating Systems course). User experience with Windows XP or later.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 110 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/110, only registered: 0/110, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/110
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objective of this course is to provide students with solid knowledge needed for implementing and supporting client MS Windows operating systems.
- Local, Network and Automated Installation of Windows XP Professional
- Basic System Configuration
- User & Group Accounts
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Active Directory Fundamentals
- NT File System, File Sharing, Local & Network Access Permissions
- Hardware Devices & Drivers
- Disk & Data Management
- Security Audit
- Backing Up and Restoring Data
- Supporting Remote Users
- Troubleshooting the Boot Process
- Windows Registry
- Encrypting File System
- Scripting basics
- MCLEAN, Ian ; THOMAS, Orin . MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): : Configuring Microsoft® Windows 7. 1. Redmond, Washington : Microsoft Press, 2009. 912 s. ISBN 0-7356-2708-8.
- TULLOCH, Mitch ; NORTHRUP, Tony ; HONEYCUTT, Jerry . Windows 7 Resource Kit. Redmond, Washington : Microsoft Press, 2009. 1760 s.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and mandatory exercises (1 + 2 hours / week). Both the course and exam are in Czech.
- Assessment methods
- The exam is in a form of written test (choice from 4 options).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses