FI:PV177 Laboratory of Networks - Course Information
PV177 Laboratory of Advanced Network TechnologiesFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Aleš Křenek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdeněk Salvet (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miroslav Ruda (seminar tutor)
Dr. Ing. Sven Ubik (seminar tutor)
RNDr. David Antoš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Completed PB156, preferably also PA159
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Team project focused to master knowledge on principles of network and related technologies, methodology of research, students' research and presentation of research results.
- Team project in one of the following three areas: networks, grids, and multimedia. Student can choose or are assigned an independent (but team based, i.e. an assignment for a group of student) project. Solving the project students will master the advanced understanding of a subject, acquire basic research methodology, will perform the research and will present achieved results. The work progress will be evaluated on regular weekly seminars, where students will receive the necessary feedback on their undertakings. The last seminar will be devoted to the overall evaluation and students will receive credits.
- STEVENS, W. Richard, Bill FENNER and Andrew M. RUDOFF. UNIX network programming. 3rd ed. Boston, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 2004. xxiii, 991. ISBN 0-13-141155-1. info
- KUROSE, James F. Computer networking :a top-down approach featuring the Internet. Boston: Addison-Wesley, 2003. xvii, 752. ISBN 0-321-17644-8. info
- GOUDA, Mohamed G. Elements of network protocol design. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1998. xviii, 506. ISBN 0471197440. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Studenti jsou hodnoceni za aktivitu na týdenních seminářích a za kvalitu dosažených výsledků a způsob a kvalitu jejich prezentace před svými vrstevníky. Students are evaluated according to their activity on weekly seminars, and the quality of achieved results and their presentations in front of their peers.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.