FI:PV198 Onechip Controllers - Course Information
PV198 Onechip ControllersFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Ing. Pavel Čeleda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (alternate examiner)
RNDr. Filip Mravec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Veškrna (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 8:00–9:50 A415
- Courses PA174 - Design of Digital Computers II, PA176 - Digital Computers Architecture II and PB161 - C++ programming are necessary for current course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this course is understand and master theoretical knowledge and practical virtuosity necessary for description and for application of the microcontroller and microcomputer.
- Programming of the microcontrollers:
- structure of the programming language
- control structures (Boolean expressions, conditions, cycles)
- bit operations and bit array
- terminal input/output
- control of memories
- onedimension and multidimensional array
- structures, unions, enumeration types
- Program control of the peripheral units:
- serial ports
- LED, bargraph, switches, buttons, shift registers
- text and graphical displays
- interrupt systems
- counters and timers, PWM
- A/D and D/A converters
- control of the RAM, ROM and FLASH memories
- Practical advices:
- diagnostics, debugging
- safe programming
- projects administration
- Pavel Herout: Učebnice jazyka C 1 díl. 4 vydání, Kopp, České Budějovice 2005
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and individual project that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 3 parts:
1) defense of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol
2) solving of the simple task
3) oral exam - theoretical tools for design of the digital circuits.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.