No pre-requisite. It is recommended to have earned credits in SSME obligatory subjects.
Course Enrolment Limitations
The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
there are 33 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
The course deals with the shift in perspective of the service-oriented economy paradigm and the focus on systems.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand marketing strategies of business organizations;
- understand marketing strategies within the scope of new service paradigm;
- manage marketing strategies processes from the project management point of view.
0. Services and Services Marketing
1. Service and Service Dominant Logic
2. Marketing Planning process
3. Dealing with Strategy: analyse the case of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory
4. Complexity in Service
5. Systems Thinking
6. Viable Systems Approach
7. Dealing with Marketing in Service: develop a Marketing Plan
LUSCH, Robert F. and Stephen L. VARGO. Service-dominant logic : premises, perspectives, possibilities. 1st ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2014. xxvi, 225. ISBN 9780521124324. info
Supplementary materials: Barile, S., Saviano, M.L. (2010). A New Perspective of Systems Complexity in Service Science. In Polese F. & von Friedrichs Y. (eds.) – Special Issue of the Journal Impresa, Ambiente, Management. 4 (3): 375-343.
Barile S., Pels J., Polese F. and Saviano M. (2012). An Introduction to the Viable Systems Approach and its Contribution to Marketing. J Bus Mark Manag (2012) 2: 54–78.
lectures, class discussion, group projects
1. analysis of a case study on strategy and marketing strategy (oral and written) --> max 33 points
2. development of a marketing plan (oral and written) --> max 33 points
3. multiple choice test --> max 34 points
To pass the exam, the student must reach the score of at least 51 points.
Language of instruction
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.