FI:PV224 Caché: DB technology - Course Information
PV224 Caché: Alternate database technologyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Martin Juřen (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Vlastislav Dohnal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jitka Kitner (assistant)
Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Fri 16. 11. 12:00–19:50 G123, Fri 23. 11. 12:00–19:50 G123, Fri 30. 11. 12:00–19:50 G123, Fri 7. 12. 12:00–19:50 G123
- ( PV003 RDBS Architecture && PB138 Modern markup languages && PB162 Java )|| SOUHLAS
We suppose active interest in new technologies and basic knowledge of database systems (PV003) and object-oriented programming (e.q. Java, PB162).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of this course is to introduce alternative database technologies allowing rapid development of efficient database applications.
- Hierarchical databases. Data representation by globals -- multidimensional persistent variables. Direct access to required data (SQL not needed). Efficient tools for global manipulation. Programming language ObjectScript.
- Postrelational databases. Object and relational projection of internal data representation. Using the best projection for given application. Combination of object and relational data acces.
- Database system and interaction with other technologies. Database object projection to Java objects. SQL Gateway. Web services and generating web pages by database server.
- Kirsten, W., Ihringer, M.: Caché - Databáze postrelačního typu a tvorba aplikací, CP Books, 2005, ISBN 80-251-0491-5
- InterSystems Caché, Website: http://www.intersystems.com/cache/
- Teaching methods
- Block training. Each block consists of the practical exercises significantly. There will be homeworks that verifies understanding the topic.
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in the lectures/seminars, homeworks, final project
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
Course is no more offered.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2012/PV224