FI:PV269 Adv. methods in bioinformatics - Course Information
PV269 Advanced methods in bioinformaticsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Matej Lexa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. David Šafránek, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. David Šafránek, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- The student is expected to have basic knowlege in bioinformatics. They must have passed IV108. Previous study of IV107, PA052 a PB050 is recommended.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- To acquire practical skills in bioinformatics beyond the scope of bachelor courses, extending theoretical topics from IV108.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to choose appropriate computational methods for a given problem; obtain and prepare relevant data; carry out necessary computation using their own or publicly available programs.
- Genomic sequences
- - Advanced techniques for NGS data
- - Sequence motif detection and genome annotation
- - Advanced work with genome browsers
- - Hidden Markov models (HMM)
- - Protein structure analysis
- BAUM, Jeremy O. Understanding bioinformatics. Edited by Marketa J. Zvelebil. New York, N.Y.: Garland Science, 2008. xxiii, 772. ISBN 9780815340249. info
- Teaching methods
- a combination of short lectures and exercises
- Assessment methods
- Graded exercises; written exam (zk) or project (k)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/PV269