FI:VB035T English I - Test - Course Information
VB035T English I - TestFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martina Alexanderová (lecturer)
Mgr. Marcela Sekanina Vavřinová (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Trumpešová - Rudolfová (lecturer)
Mgr. Antonín Zita, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Procházková (seminar tutor)
PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Ivana Tulajová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Eva Trumpešová - Rudolfová
Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Trumpešová - Rudolfová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
- VB035T – Test serves only as a prerequisite for VB035 – English I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 18 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Before students can enrol in VB035 – English I, they must pass the entrance test (VB035T – TEST), which is a prerequisite for VB035. Only students who plan to attend the course VB035 register for the entrance test. Students who pass the test will be assigned a Pass grade for VB035T. This pass grade will allow them to enrol in VB035 (which must be registered for together with VB035T) and choose a seminar class. Students who fail the test and will not be assigned a Pass grade will drop the course as soon as possible (during the first two weeks of the Drop Period). The entrance test will take place in the first week of the semester. Only students who repeat the course VB035 (attended the course in autumn 2012 but did not pass) are exempt from taking the test.
- Entrance test (a multiple choice test). The test will be computer scored using scannable answer sheets. For more information, visit https://is.muni.cz/auth/help/student/skenovani.
- recommended literature
- Alexander, L. G. Longman English Grammar Practice for intermediate students. Harlow: Longman, 1999. 296 s. ISBN 0-582-04500-2.
- Teaching methods
- Written test
- Assessment methods
- The entrance test is comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions (each has 5 answer options and only one is correct). Each correct answer is worth 4 points. Each unanswered question means -1 points and each incorrect answer -2 points. The total number of points available is 200. The test covers intermediate grammar and general vocabulary. Expected level of language knowledge is B1+ or higher.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 1. tyden semestru.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2018/VB035T