FI:VB039 English I - seminar - Course Information
VB039 English I - seminarFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Martin Dvořák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Ivana Tulajová (lecturer)
Mgr. Vojtěch Hubr (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Šťastný (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Štěpka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
Language Centre, Faculty of Informatics Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: PhDr. Ivana Tulajová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VB039/01: Thu 10:00–11:50 C525, V. Hubr
VB039/03: Thu 16:00–17:50 C525, V. Hubr
VB039/04: Tue 16:00–17:50 C525, J. Šťastný
VB039/05: Tue 18:00–19:50 C525, J. Šťastný
VB039/06: Thu 16:00–17:50 C511, K. Štěpka
VB039/07: Fri 10:00–11:50 C511, K. Štěpka
- NOW ( VB035 English I )|| SOUHLAS
The enrollment in the course requires that the student enroll in VB035 at the same time.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- VB039 represents a complementary course to VB035 taught in the same semester. Its aim is thorough revision of English taught in VB035. For further information see the VB035 syllabus. Main objectives can be summarized as follows: to increase IT vocabulary; to develop essential communication skills such as making presentations and taking part in discussions; to improve fluency through discussion activities; to give confidence in using English.
- VB039 is a complementary course to VB035 and its aim is to give students a lot of practice in advanced language and communication skills and to help them communicate more effectively by improving their grammatical knowledge and developing IT-related vocabulary. The broad range of lesson themes includes computer architecture, computer applications, peripherals, operating systems, graphical user interfaces and applications programs. For further details see the VB035 syllabus.
- E.H. Glendinning, J. McEwan: Oxford English for Information Technology. Oxford University Press 2006. ISBN - 13:978 0 19 457 4921
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy I. Fortuna 2000. ISBN: 80-7168-732-4
- Zábojová, Peprník, Nangonová: Angličtina pro jazykové školy II. Fortuna 2000. ISBN: 80-7168-733-2
- BOECKNER, Keith and P. Charles BROWN. Oxford English for computing. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996. 212 s. ISBN 0194573877. info
- VB035 lecture materials
- Assessment methods
- Pre-requisites for the completion of the course are as follows: seminar attendance, doing homework, colloquium. At the end of the course students will give a short presentation on an IT topic of their choice.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.