FI:VV026 Creative Writing Workshop - Course Information
VV026 Creative Writing WorkshopFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Josef Prokeš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Josef Prokeš, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. PhDr. Josef Prokeš, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 76 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: strives after arousing the students' creativity by means of their own artistic activity (mainly literary); generate an interest in the active and non-consumer attitude to life both in oneself and other people. At the end of the course students should be able to understand and explain sense of artistic activity; create their own artwork in field of literature; interpret actual artistic activity.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
explain creative approach, eclectic, compilation;
practically apply theme selection, information gathering, study and empathy, writing stimulation, collection and sorting of material;
to clarify inspiration through science, literature, painting, music, architecture;
to demonstrate a collage of both own and foreign texts.
- The point in writing, catharsis, graphomania
- What to write about (finding a topic)¨
- Different approaches: creative, eclectic, compilational
- Choosing a topic, collecting info, study and empathy, syllabus
- Non-literary texts (non fiction)
- Automatic writing
- Metaphor creation
- Inspiration from science, literary texts, painting, architecture
- Diary and its forms
- Collage of ones own and other texts
- Collective writing
- Change of perspective, change of tense
- Choice of genre and its changes
- Variations, imitations, parody
- Manuscript, the first draft
- Language games and reproduction exercises
- Theatre performance
- Text reviewing and editing, compositional and stylistic amendments, corrections, annotation, information about the author
- Author's reading
- Critical evaluation, polemic, the ethics of critisism
- Book presentation
- Texts on the Internet
- A set of texts written by the students throughout the course
- required literature
- PROKEŠ, Josef. Interpretace uměleckých textů : studijní text předmětu Interpretace textů. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2006. 65 s. ISBN 8021039752. info
- recommended literature
- PROKEŠ, Josef. Laboratoř slovesné tvorby na Fakultě informatiky Masarykovy univerzity v Brně (Laboratory of Creative Writing at the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University). Universitas (revue Masarykovy univerzity v Brně), Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2005, ročník 38, No 2, p. 33-35. ISSN 1211-3384. info
- Teaching methods
- lecture, explanation and demonstration, discussion, home work, seminar work, dialogue method, excursion, brainstorming, collaborating, critical thinking, classroom team work
- Assessment methods
- final project, essay, colloquium (attendants commit group of texts created during the semester)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/VV026