FI:MA009 Algebra II - Course Information
MA009 Algebra IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Ondřej Klíma, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Radan Kučera, DSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Radan Kučera, DSc.
- Fri 13:00–14:50 B204
- ( M008 Algebra I || MB008 Algebra I || PROGRAM ( N - IN )|| PROGRAM ( N - AP )|| PROGRAM ( N - SS ))&&! M009 Algebra II
Prerequisites: MB008 Algebra I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course is a continuation of Algebra I. We focus on fields, lattice theory and universal algebra with applications in computer science.
- Rings and polynomials II (extensions, finite fields, symmetric polynomials).
- Lattices (semilattices and lattices - two approaches, modular and distributive lattices, Boolean lattices).
- Universal algebra (subalgebras, homomorphisms, congruences and factoralgebras, products, terms, varieties, free algebras, Birkhoff's theorem).
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Zkouška je písemná.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information