FI:PB171 Seminar on Dig.Syst. Arch. - Course Information
PB171 Seminar on Digital System ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Vojtěch Krmíček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (assistant)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (alternate examiner)
Mgr. Martin Elich (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
- Tue 16:00–17:50 B202, Thu 16:00–17:50 B202
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PB171/ctvrtek_1600: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 35 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the seminar is to verify the knowledge acquired during the Digital computer architecture course. The students will learn about the structure and the design of systems for microcomputers Microchip PIC, they will learn programming them in the Assembler language and C language and at the end of semestr they will create their own project. The lessons will be helded in the Digital system construction laboratory.
- Introduction to the microchip computers
- PIC introduction, PIC 12F629/675
- Instruction set of PIC microcontrollers
- Introduction to the Assembler language
- Input and output registers
- Interrupt handling
- Using EEPROM memory
- Introduction to C programming of PIC processors
- Introduction to PIC 16F84
- Work on projects
- Designing Embedded Systems with PIC Microcontrollers: Principles and Applications
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practices
- Assessment methods
- semestral project
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.