FI:MA009 Algebra II - Course Information
MA009 Algebra IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. David Kruml, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Science
- Fri 14:00–15:50 B410
- ( MB008 Algebra I || PROGRAM ( N - IN )|| PROGRAM ( N - AP )|| PROGRAM ( N - SS ))
Prerequisites: MB008 Algebra I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course is a continuation of Algebra I. We focus on fields, lattice theory and universal algebra with applications in computer science.
- Rings and polynomials II (extensions, finite fields, symmetric polynomials).
- Lattices (semilattices and lattices - two approaches, modular and distributive lattices, Boolean lattices).
- Universal algebra (subalgebras, homomorphisms, congruences and quotient algebras, products, terms, varieties, free algebras, Birkhoff's theorem, rewriting).
- Teaching methods
- Once a week a standard lecture with a stress on motivation and examples.
- Assessment methods
- A written exam has three parts: a completion of a text concerning (on advance) given theoretical issues, a completing a proof a new statement, and 3 tests problems where the students show the understanding the basics.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information