FSpS:bk2447 Sports marketing - Course Information
bk2447 Sports marketingFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 7/13/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Adam Kyselica (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- bk522 Marketing || ( ESF:BKH_MAR1 Marketing || ESF:BKH_ZMAR Basic Marketing )
completion of the course Principles of Marketing.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint the students with the problems of marketing and its application to the sporting environment. Explain the specifics in analyzing the marketing environment and preparing the marketing mix of the sport product.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course students will be able to:
- use basic methods of marketing research in sports environment
- use gained theoretical knowledge of sposoring, sport advertisment and merchandising
- 01. Sports Marketing – definitions
- 02. Marketing research process
- 03. Internal and external contingencies, segmentation, targeting and positioning
- 04. Sports Marketing mix
- 05. Sponzoring
- 06. Sports advertising and merchendising
- 07. Sports and shopping behavior of consumers
- 08. Sports brand, athlete as a trademark
- 09. Ambush Marketing
- 10. Sports marketing and media
- required literature
- ČÁSLAVOVÁ, Eva. Management a marketing sportu. 1. vyd. Praha: Olympia, 2009. 225 s. ISBN 9788073761509. info
- SHANK, Matthew D. Sports marketing : a strategic perspective. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.Y.: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2009. xxiv, 453. ISBN 9780138137458. info
- recommended literature
- MORGAN, Melissa Johnson and Jane SUMMERS. Sports marketing. SouthbankVictoria: Thomson, 2005. xvi, 320. ISBN 9780170128599. info
- MULLIN, Bernard James, Stephen HARDY and William Anthony SUTTON. Sport marketing. 2nd ed. Champaign: Human Kinetics, 2000. xiv, 441. ISBN 0880118776. info
- Teaching methods
- The course occurs in forms of lectures and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Passing the final exam. Prerequisite for admission to the examination is attendance (1st possible absence) and 2 x successful presentations on given topics in the field of marketing.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/bk2447