FSpS:bk4024 MAN Fundamentals in Sport - Course Information
bk4024 Management Fundamentals in SportFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 7/7/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Adam Kyselica (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Barbora Buchtová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Fri 20. 9. 17:10–19:40 A11/206, Fri 4. 10. 16:20–18:00 A11/206, Fri 22. 11. 15:05–16:45 A11/206
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
bk4024/02: Fri 4. 10. 12:10–13:50 velká zasedací místnost děkanát, 227, Fri 11. 10. 14:15–16:45 A11/305, Fri 13. 12. 18:00–19:40 A11/236, A. Kyselica
bk4024/03: Fri 4. 10. 12:10–13:50 velká zasedací místnost děkanát, 227, Fri 11. 10. 14:15–16:45 A11/305, Fri 13. 12. 18:00–19:40 A11/236, A. Kyselica
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with basic concepts in the field of management, marketing, economics and their possible applications in practice. Orient in the world of finance, the possibilities of doing business in sport and in organizing sports in the Czech Republic.
- Learning outcomes
- - Define and explain the basic concepts of management, marketing and economics
- Apply managerial skills in specific situations
- Understand the fundamentals of finance and apply this knowledge in various life situations
- to know the organization of sport in the Czech Republic
- gain basic knowledge in the field of business in sport
- 1. Meaning of management and basic terms
- 2. Personality of the manager of his role and role
- 3. Basic managerial skills and their use in practice
- 4. Basic economic concepts - supply, demand, market
- 5. Measuring economic performance, inflation, unemployment
- 6. Banking and money
- 7. Basic concepts of marketing
- 8. Organization of sport in the Czech Republic
- 9. Basics of business in sport
- ZAMAZALOVÁ, Marcela. Marketing. Vyd. 2. Praha: C.H.Beck, 2010. xxiv, 499. ISBN 9788074001154. info
- SRPOVÁ, Jitka and Václav ŘEHOŘ. Základy podnikání : teoretické poznatky, příklady a zkušenosti českých podnikatelů. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2010. 427 s. ISBN 9788024733395. info
- JAY, Ros and Richard TEMPLAR. Velká kniha manažerských dovedností. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2006. 514 s. ISBN 9788024712796. info
- FUCHS, Kamil and Pavel TULEJA. Základy ekonomie (The Basic of Economics). 2.upravené. Praha: Ekopress, odborné nakladatelství, 2005. 348 pp. ISBN 80-86119-94-7. info
- BĚLOHLÁVEK, František, Pavol KOŠŤAN and Oldřich ŠULEŘ. Management. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Rubico, 2001. 642 s. ISBN 8085839458. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching is conducted in the form of lectures and seminars.
The content of the seminars will be the application of the acquired theoretical knowledge to the practical use (managerial skills), the other problems will be practiced by case studies, where the students are expected to discuss the given issue, based on the theoretical basis obtained at the lectures.
The student will prepare and present a seminar paper.
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with colloquium.
The student will be admitted to the colloquium if he / she is actively participating in the seminars, presenting and submitting the seminar work in due time (ie 60% - 100%).
If the student commits any disciplinary offense, this behavior will be considered as not fulfilling the conditions for terminating the subject. The lecturer enters the exam (assessment) in the IS with a mark "F" and the dean initiates disciplinary proceedings, resulting in the completion of studies.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2019/bk4024