FSpS:bk4056 Sports Law - Course Information
bk4056 Sports LawFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 7/7/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- JUDr. Petr Skryja, Ph.D., LL.M. (lecturer)
JUDr. Petr Skryja, Ph.D., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Petr Skryja, Ph.D., LL.M.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Fri 11. 10. 10:55–12:35 velká zasedací místnost děkanát, 227, Fri 18. 10. 8:00–9:40 velká zasedací místnost děkanát, 227, Fri 1. 11. 14:40–17:10 A11/311
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Experience in the creation , application and use of sports law.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the course is to create a complex legal awareness of students about the Czech legal order, including the most important norms of European law, and to build legal awareness of students about the status of sport and its autonomous nature in the Czech and EU law. Furthermore, gaining a basic orientation in the creation and application of general and sporting standards in sports at the federal and commercial level and understanding the position of natural and legal persons in the governing structures of associations, both national and transnational, including acquisition of awareness of legal protection of sports subjects and responsibility in sport.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will be able to orientate in the Czech legal order in relation to sports subjects and the position of physical and legal persons in an autonomous sports environment. They will understand the notion of "state separation from sport" and the application of internal legal norms. For the future position of coaches, respectively. managers acquire knowledge of the responsibility in sport resulting from their activities in clubs and associations and all possibilities of legal protection within sports autonomy, including international institutions (CAS) and general courts, respectively. arbitration bodies.
- 1 Application of basic legal standards in practice. 2 Understand the structure of internal standards within individual sports 3 Knowledge and application of basic contractual relationships in the sporting environment 4 Knowing the basics of budgeting of sports clubs and associations 5 Tax Issues in Associations and Business Companies 6 Knowledge and orientation on state administration portals 7 Management of general meetings of clubs and sports associations, activities of executive committees and committees 8 Pitfalls in the legal protection of physical and legal persons in sport 9 Basic understanding of the breadth and impact of self-responsibility in sporting activities 10 Knowledge of practices against the negative phenomena in sport - doping, corruption, betting, etc. 11 Basic differences in sports at schools, clubs and professional sports
- required literature
- PICHRT, J. (ed.) Sport a (nejen) pracovní právo. Praha: Wolters Kluwer, 2014, 288 s. ISBN 978-80-7478-655-6
- Skripta – Sport a právo / 2012 / Jiří Kubíček
- Ústava ČR, ústavní zákon 1/1993 Sb. a Listina základních lidských práv a svobod - součást ústavního pořádku ČR, ústavní zákon 2/1993 Sb., Zákon č. 89/2012 Sb, občanský zákoník účinný od 1. 1. 2014.
- recommended literature
- Coufalová,B., Pinkava,J., Pochylá,V., Treszněprávní odpovědnost ve sportu. Praha: Leges, 2014, 160s.
- David L., Bílková, J., &Podivínová, M. (2011). Přehled judikatury. Soudní ochrana člena spolku, církve a politické strany. Praha: Wolters Kluwer ČR.
- KRÁLÍK, M. Civilní odpovědnost sportovců za sportovní úrazy. Praha: Leges, 2016, 512 s.
- Hamerník, P. (2012). Sportovní právo – Hledání rovnováhy mezi specifickou sportovní úpravou a platným právem. Ústav státu a práva AV ČR. (dostupné na: www.ilaw.cas.cz)
- Teaching methods
- lectures, seminar The subject is taught in the form of lectures and follow-up seminars. The lectures explain the basic topics of the given topic. The seminars discuss specific examples of current dispute and law practice. Due to the little-published comprehensive information about this issue, participation in lectures is a prerequisite for the completion of the course.
- Assessment methods
- oral exam After passing lectures (to the extent necessary) and compulsory seminars, the student will receive a credit from the subject. The course is finished in written form. oral exam. In case the subject is not finished by the exam, the credit can not be awarded until the written test is completed. The rating scale for passing a test mark is A - F.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2019/bk4056