FSpS:bp2344 Introduction to Statistics - Course Information
bp2344 Introduction to StatisticsFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jitka Králíková, BA (Hons) (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Bc. Oldřich Racek, Ph.D.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Tue 17. 9. 11:00–12:40 A11/311, Tue 1. 10. 11:00–12:40 A11/311, Tue 15. 10. 11:00–12:40 A11/311, Tue 29. 10. 11:00–12:40 A11/311, Tue 12. 11. 11:00–12:40 A11/311, Tue 26. 11. 11:00–12:40 A11/311
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Completion of the course Foundations of Mathematics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the basics of probability and descriptive statistics, which they will be able to use in writing final papers and other scientific research.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to explain the basic concepts of probability theory and descriptive statistics. It will also be able to apply the acquired knowledge in practice when creating theses and scientific texts.
- 1. Combinatorics, repeat 2. Random event. Independence of random phenomena, properties independent events, group independence 3.Probability, conditional probability, probability function. 4. Basic statistical concepts 5. Characteristics position, variability and concentration values of the numeric variables 6. Random variables, random variables, the characteristics of random variables 7. Random, random vector and its characteristics.
- required literature
- BUDÍKOVÁ, Marie, Maria KRÁLOVÁ and Bohumil MAROŠ. Průvodce základními statistickými metodami (Guide to basic statistical methods). vydání první. Praha: Grada Publishing, a.s., 2010. 272 pp. edice Expert. ISBN 978-80-247-3243-5. URL info
- CYHELSKÝ, Lubomír and Eduard SOUČEK. Základy statistiky. Vyd. 1. Praha: Vysoká škola finanční a správní, 2009. 163 s. ISBN 9788074080135. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching is conducted through lectures and seminars
- Assessment methods
- Students are required to attend lectures and seminars. The course ends with a written exam. The student may receive a maximum of 15 points. For successful completion of the course is required to get at least 9 points. During the semester, students must successfully pass two tests. Successful completion - the average of both tests 60%
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/autumn2019/bp2344