FSpS:bp4060 Sp.Psychol. and Work.with Cli. - Course Information
bp4060 Sports Psychology and Working with ClientsFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Hana Válková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Hana Válková, CSc.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- bp4017 Psychology
Passing the course bp4017 Psychology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to reserve the basic information focuses on psychology knowledge into sport setting: recreation, top competitive, physical education. The aim is oriented on issues linked with psychical processes in mentioned environment within dyadic and team network. Next aim is to underline the topics of the individual approaches to individuals from different social groups and in various life situations, issue of advising.
- Learning outcomes
- After the course student is able to - use the knowledge in the field practice, - to analyze the personality features and behavior (athlete, coach), - recognize learning processes and motor learning, - demonstrate the regulation of psychic level in relation in sports loading, - to solve conflict situation in the team, - to analyze psychical needs of the individual and his/her goals, - to presents communicative skills in relation on client situation, - to cope, solve the individual problems within sports and healthy life style environment.
- Sport psychology, historical development, recent situation. psychologie sportu • Professiography, psycho-sportography. Laterality. • Personality of the athlete, diagnostic process, classification. Temperament. • Motivation, basic theories. Need for achievement. Assessment. Aspiration. • Sociální skupina a sport - charakteristika, utváření, působení, dynamika Social groups, teams. Characteristics, features, dynamic development. Social influence: innovation, conformity, authority, decision making. Stages of the group development. The regulations, norms. • Individual and the team. Roles. Leader. • Executive functions, motor intellect. • Psyche and top achievement. Self-awareness, the goals, activation - relaxation. • Psyche and top achievement. stress, fear, anxiety and competition. Emotion, aggression, dynamic processes and sports. • Motor learning, specific theories. Faces, plato, process of the forgetting. Flow. Asertivity and sports activities. • Advising: definition, principles, approaches: consulting, manipulative, directive. - Meeting client: the goal, diagnostic process, SMART technique. - Communication: talking - hearing, questioning, interview, solving of model situations. -Self-reflection. Coaching: the goals, principles, means. Dyadic interaction, team interaction. • Team management, atmosphere in the team. Team atmosphere. Team regulations and norms. Personal development of the athletes. Principles of spiritual hygiene.
- required literature
- Vičar, M., Protič, M., & Válková, H. (2014). Sportovní nadání – psychologická perspektiva [Sports Talent – Psychological Perspective]. Olomouc: Vydavatelství UP.
- BLAHUTKOVÁ, Marie and Miroslav SLIŽIK. Vybrané kapitoly z psychologie sportu - skripta v PDF ke stažení (Selected Chapters from Sports Psychology - University textbook [PDF]). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, Fakulta sportovních studií, 2014. 118 pp. 1. ISBN 978-80-210-6859-9. URL info
- VANĚK, Miroslav. Psychologie sportu. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1980. 180 s. : i. info
- recommended literature
- VÁLKOVÁ, Hana. Psychologie sportu (Sport psychology). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. p. nestránkováno, 107 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7446-0. URL info
- TOD, David, Joanne THATCHER and Rachel RAHMAN. Psychologie sportu. Edited by Nigel Holt - Rob Lewis, Translated by Helena Hartlová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2012. 194 s. ISBN 9788024739236. info
- not specified
- PAULÍK, Karel. Psychologie sportu. 1. vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2006. 230 pp. ISBN 80-246-1290-9. info
- Teaching methods
- theoretical lectures, seminars, class discussion, variables of experiential pedagogy
- Assessment methods
- 80% participation on interactive seminars written test - open questions, 60% of successful answers
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/bp4060