FSpS:d013 Sociology of sport - Course Information
d013 Sociology of sportFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Aleš Sekot, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Aleš Sekot, CSc.
Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Sciences and Sport Management - Faculty of Sports Studies
- Absolvování předmětu Základy sociologie Sociologie sportu v bakalářském studiu
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Sociology is very helpful when it comes to studing sports as a social phenomena. It provides concepts, theoretical approaches, and research methods to describe and unerstand behaviour and social interactions as they occur in particularg social and cultural contexts. Just qualitative changes in sports have updated new concepts as a physical recreation, professional sport, high performance sport, elite sport etc. becoming involved and staying in sports occurs in connection with general socialization process in lives of people. The phenomenon of sport has been strongly transformed during past two or three decades, mostly as a consequence of the process of commercionalization and medialization of elite professional sportts, mostly in global extend. The main objective of the lesson is to properly understand mutual relations of sport and society on local, regional and global level.
- Theoretical terminus a quo of sociologyx of sport Sport and socialization Leisur sport versus performance top sports Sport subcultures Communal aspects of sport Sport and youth Youth versus doping in sport leisur and sport Contemporary Czech society and sport Sport and mass media Fascination with sport medialized sport Global aspects of sport Migration in sport Feminity versus masculinity Women and sport in historical perspective Sportive subcultures Sport - its perspectives
- Aleš Sekot: Sport a společnost. Paido, 2003
- Sekot, A. 2008. Sociologické problémy sportu. Praha: Grada Publishing.
- Sekot, A. 2006.Sociologie sportu. Brno: Masarykova univerzita a Paido.
- Teaching methods
- seminary blocks
- Assessment methods
- Written test confronting relevant knowledge on mutual relations sport and society Aleš Sekot: Sport a společnost, Paido 2003 Aleš Sekot: Sociologie sportu. MU a Paido 2006 e-learning: http://www.fsps.muni.cz/impact/sociologie-sportu/
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hod.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fsps/spring2020/d013